Followers

Thursday 17 April 2014

Happy News and Bizzare Commission

Good Afternoon Everyone,
This is the start of the long Bank Holiday weekend for me so thought I would wish you all a Happy Easter, hope you have a lovely time whatever you are up to.

On to my Happy News - I applied for a new DT position with Crafting Musketeers challenge blog and I found out on Monday that I had been successful but was not allowed to share my news with you all as it needed to be announced on the blog yesterday. I am thrilled to be apart of the team and cant wait to get stuck in. Pop over and check out the blog if your not familiar with it.

http://craftingmusketeers.blogspot.co.uk/

 Now I had to share this card with you. I was asked by one of my regular customer's to make a card with the following spec - Plummer, Meerkat advert man, age 70 and stairs!!! Well it is definitely the most bizzare I have been asked for if you have had a more bizzare commission then id love to hear it.

This is what I came up with


I googled the image and then used Do crafts digital designer to make it into a decoupage piece.
I embossed a piece of matching card using grande dots 8x8 die'sire embossing folder and the ebosser.


I also googled 'stairs cards' and I found a video tutorial on youtube for this style of card, the link is HERE if you would like to see how its made. I followed it completely and its very simple really following the hints and tips in the vid. I also googled the image of the meerkat from the tv ad.

The card is also for a man named 'John' so I added his name onto the stairs. 
The backing paper is from the Forever Friends Retro Collection male cd rom.

Like I say a most bizzare request but I am happy with how its turned out and will definitely be giving this style card another go.


8 comments:

  1. You have certainly covered all the bases, great cards x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Marie and you did a fantastic job on the weird request commission you got! It's a fantastic card with a lot of work in it - well done Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Marie!! Well done getting all of that in there!!! Love it! And congratulations on your DT Post!!! Well done!!!
    Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Marie and congratulations on your new DT position.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and most fabby makes :) simples hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new position and thats a fab card. Very cleverly thought out. XX Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the DT spot. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations :-) well deserved!
    This is a totally fabulous card. It looks amazing inside and out

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete